Digital Marketing Trends in 2021 What to Look Forward to in 2022. (Part 2)
It’s time to look into a few more digital marketing trends that have made an impact on our digital lives.
Every business now has access to the worldwide market thanks to digital marketing. You can now advertise in many countries and tap into global marketplaces. This is one of the most popular digital marketing trends since it allows you to grow your audience for the same or at a lesser cost.
Yes, it is correct. You will be able to run advertising in some countries for considerably less amount than you would in your own country.
As a result, foreign advertising will become more popular in the near future.
For marketers and content developers, Instagram Reels was fantastic news.Reels have been the finest replacement for TikTok since it was outlawed in a few places.
As a marketer, you may utilize this function to display a variety of content, including educational information, behind-the-scenes footage, product evaluations, and so on.
Louis Vuitton’s Instagram reels are a great illustration of this; they’re high-quality, beautiful, and inventive. Their reels have gone viral, averaging 5 million views each reel!
Thus, in 2022, you’ll need effectual Reels and video content strategy to capture and hold your customers’ attention.
Influencer marketing is a type of word-of-mouth marketing that focuses on employing a well-known leader or celebrity to promote a business to a large audience. Influencers can be well-known celebrities or YouTubers, as well as Instagrammers with large followings who can assist spread the word about a brand or company through social media.
Here are some of HubSpot’s major highlights on Influencer marketing:
- In 2019, more than 240 new influencer marketing agencies and influencer networks were launched.
- The majority (59%) say they have a separate budget for content marketing, and 75% say they plan to devote a budget to influencer marketing in 2022.
- Influencer marketing is considered an effective type of marketing by 90% of poll respondents.
The famous sports company Adidas wanted to focus on the younger demographic, so they launched an Instagram influencer marketing campaign, which was a huge success, as 70% of Instagram users are under 35 years old.
They launched #MyNeoShoot and received 12,000 entries for the contest as a result of this marketing. Furthermore, their hashtag had a large number of mentions, and their Instagram account gained 41,000 followers as a result of the campaign. And, when it comes to sales, they managed to grow their sales by 24% while Nike’s sales dropped by 9.1%.
WhatsApp Marketing is believed to be one of the biggest & must-use digital marketing trends in 2021.
WhatsApp has revolutionized the way businesses communicate with and engage with their customers. You may now send personal messages on an app that is used by people of all ages and is checked numerous times throughout the day.
You won’t be creeping out the customer because you’ll be communicating with them through a WhatsApp Business Account, which will help them trust you and your company.
You may take consumer orders, update them on the status of their orders, and even collect and process payments! That’s why it’s one of the most effective digital marketing strategies you should use.
Any image, video, or text that has a direct link to a buyout site is referred to as shoppable content.
This simplifies and directs the process of a buyer learning about a product through content marketing and deciding to buy it on an ecommerce platform.
The layout of a product on an ecommerce website is relatively standard: description, information, images, and pricing. The way ecommerce works and markets its products will alter with the arrival of shoppable content.
Instead of drab and uninteresting product descriptions, each item may be sold as a tale told through interactive multimedia.
Instagram has launched a feature called shoppable content, which allows users to purchase products directly from a story or a post.
Pinterest has also made this option available to its users.
According to the stats of Oberlo:
- The estimated number of global digital buyers in 2021 is 2.14 billion.
- Ecommerce sales are estimated to account for 18.1% of global retail sales in 2021.
- Free delivery is the most common motivation for individuals to shop online.
- 81% of buyers begin their shopping journey on Instagram, where they browse new products. As a result, Instagram is a major participant in lead generation.
Geofencing (Location Based Marketing)
Geofencing is a type of location-based service marketing in which an app or other software program uses radio frequency identification (RFID), GPS, Wi-Fi, and cellular data to trigger a targeted marketing activity such as a text, social media ad, email, or app notification. Geo-fencing is when a mobile device enters or exits a geographic boundary.
According to increasingly.com,
- Mobile ads with geofencing have double the CTR (click-through-rate)
- Geofencing is adaptable with 92% of smartphones.
- 90% of SMS are read within 3 minutes.
- 53% of shoppers visited a retailer after receiving a location-based message.
According to Market Research Future, geofencing can improve consumer interactions. It is unquestionably one of the most helpful digital marketing trends, and as a result, it is gaining popularity. Global geofencing is predicted to expand by USD 2,387 million by 2023, representing a 27% increase in CARG between 2017 and 2023.
The following are some excellent examples of geofencing:
Starbucks: Employs geofencing to target clients who are interested in its drinks. When people walk by their business or are in the vicinity, they frequently receive push alerts. They also send a unique push notice to nearby consumers informing them of the fantastic deal Starbucks is offering; it’s a clever way to attract them in the door.
Sephora: Uses a geofencing tool called “store companion” that activates as soon as a customer enters the store. When a user enters one of the geofenced locations, the app sends them a message about current promotions, discounts, and other offers.
Geofencing is becoming increasingly important in the marketing strategy of sectors that need to convert internet users into loyal consumers and is sure to increase in 2022.
Omnichannel marketing is a method of reaching out to customers across many channels in order to increase the number of touch points. In 2021, it has undoubtedly been one of the most notable digital marketing trends.
Omnichannel marketing methods allow a company to convey its brand or business to a target customer in a variety of ways.
According to the following Omnichannel data, using many channels for your business provides excellent outcomes in 2021:
- More than 65% of customers use multiple platforms before making a purchase.
- Store visits might increase by up to 80% when using omnichannel methods.
- SMS advertising with an omnichannel component have a conversion rate of about 50%.
- Almost all clients (90%) prefer online customer assistance.
- Omnichannel orders cost 13% higher per order than single-channel orders.
With 2021 wrapping up and these trends continue to make waves, lets take a quick look into other trends that would rise in 2022:
- TikTok will take over social media, leaving other platforms to adapt.
- Interactive Content.
- Conversational Marketing.
- Linkedin continues to expand at a rapid pace.
- The power of word-of-mouth- indeed, a continuing trend.
- The effectiveness of digital advertising will be influenced by privacy concerns.
- Mobile optimized websites.
- Making SEO and PPC work together.
The field of digital marketing is a fast-paced environment where new trends emerge and affect the way marketing is done. Every year, as the pace of technology accelerates, we will see new and interesting developments impacting how we as digital marketers promote our products.
Following these trends allow digital marketers to stay relevant in the industry and provide the best value to their customers.
So there you have it: your handy guide to the top digital marketing trends. They’re difficult to overlook, and you won’t want to especially in 2022.